Monday, October 20, 2008

I am just starting up this blog.  Probably so I have somewhere to come and whinge at while I attempt this year's NaNoWriMo.  Not at all sure whether I can write fifty thousand words that even make sense within a month.  

I am thinking of a science fiction plot because at least I can make up the stuff I don't know ;)  Never let facts get in the way of a good story :)

Luckily for me my partner is a geek and an electronics engineer.  I can always get ideas there and get some of my theories checked for obvious errors. Failing that, we also have some great debates about sci-fi tv shows.

I am thinking about using NaNo to expand a short story I wrote in 1999 into a novel.  But I am not sure if that is within the rules.

I have joined the perth group in the forums for moral suport.  Maybe I will meet up with some of the other writers.  The group for my side of the city meets somewhere terribly inconvenient, so I am still undecided.

wish me luck :)
Kosmos

No comments: