Sunday, November 2, 2008

Day one of NaNo.....  1514 words down, and just over 24 hours in.

I think I am writing crap LOL.  It is so hard to not edit what I am writing but evey time I do change someting I end up making it shorter, not longer so I am trying to resist the urge.

My MC has turned out to be an adamant ice maiden to men and a steamy lesbian in private ....  rather unexpected, and now I have to thaw her out somewhat so that she ends up bisexual by the end of the book...  as that will help the human race repopulate.  AARGH, why did she have to decide to be difficult, and so early in the writing too.  She has to calm down or else I will have to change the genre from sci fi to erotica.

I finally got my cordless keyboard to work today so I can type a bit more comfortably, as the laptop keyboard drives me nuts after a while and makes my shoulders hurt.

I have learned I can't write without Iced Coffee.  Upon learning this I went to the two nearest supermarkets today to discover they had both run out of the only two brands I will drink.  Which forced me to go to two petrol stations on the way home from the wasted supermarket trip and buy 6 X 600ml cartons of Iced Coffee at each ..... that should last me 4 or 5 days I hope, so I don't have to emerge again from writers hibernation until midweek.  Or that's the plan at least. 

Must keep typing LOL  Must keep typing NOVEL oops LOL not blog posts.  cya later

1 comment:

Lisa L. Leibow said...

Very funny! But do type an occasional blog post in the midst of novel "dumping" (That's how I feel about the NanoWrimo process.

Just dump the story out of your head and worry about making it sound pretty later!

Have fun and when you have a minute, blog about it and let us know how it's going.

Have fun!