Monday, November 10, 2008

I just feel like I am banging my head against a wall tonight.  I just don't know why this isn't flowing well.  My MC is not quite who I thought she'd be.  Her partner has a better grasp on what needs to be done ... and the guy who is organising civilian rescue is stoned on the sofa and doesn't care who survives the end of the world.  He is quoting Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb" !!!

I figure there has to be a food replicator .. but I don't have a clue how it works.  And the meteorite shields are a mystery, and a Faster Than Light ship.  I think I have stuff happening in the wrong order and that's why I am finding it so hard to write the stuff I need...  my characters haven't invented it yet.

I have the time to add scenes so let's hope they come to me soon ;)

1 comment:

Lisa L. Leibow said...

Don't worry about starting at the bottom of the learning curve with your main character. It just gives her a lot of room for growth! You can also use that learning curve to help the reader discover the right thing to do at the same pace she does. -- Sounds like fun, doesn't it!

Keep writing, keep writing. This is such a crazy adventure!